Set up zyxel travel router in client bridged mode
Solution update: To enable Client mode (to bridge my existing wifi network to Ethernet), follow these steps:
- Flip the switch on the ZyXEL's side to AP mode.
- Log in to the ZyXEL's setup page @ 192.168.100.1 (the directions recommend giving your computer a static IP address first, 192.168.100.10)
- From the sidebar, click Wireless>Basic Settings
- Look for the "wireless mode" setting halfway down; click where it says "AP" and pick "Client" from the dropdown menu and then click "apply"
- From the sidebar, click Wireless>Site Survey
- Click the Site Survey button on this page to refresh the list of wifi networks in range.
- Click the bubble to the right of your network, and then the Next button to get the password screen
- Match your encryption method, key length, and type of password.
- Click finish, and if you typed in your password and settings riiiight... You're done!