I would like to get away from my dl380 g7 as it is somewhat loud and quite energy inefficient.
Currently, I am considering two options.
The first is to build a machine for deep learning and then use my z620 as a server.
The second is to use a deskmini as a server.
There are a couple of things that need to be considered.
- Air intake from front only, allowing for stacking
- More memory expansion (64gb with single processor, 96 with two)
- Much more upgradable (additional processor, 16 cores, gpus)
- Upgrades are cheaper in general
- Intel nic
- More drives
- Much newer processor architecture
- Integrated gpu for jellyfin transcoding
- Much lower power consumption
- NVMe storage (2x)
- No intel management engine